Corporation for Independent Living (CIL) is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to serving community needs through its unique capabilities in real estate development, construction, finance and property reclamation. At CIL, we work for the good of the community and provide cost-effective support to those in need.
Since our founding in 1979, we have handled thousands of building projects including group homes, affordable housing, offices for not-for-profits, factory and brownfield reclamations and home Since our founding 1979, we have handled thousands of building projects modifications for people with physical disabilities.
Our professionals are focused on completing projects quickly and delivering a quality product. Further, we secure 100 percent financing as well as handle all development details, including large and complex jobs for state and municipal governments and non-profit agencies.
While CIL has a for-profit subsidiary that develops, finances, builds and manages housing projects, all profits from these operations flow into our not-for-profit operations including CIL’s AccesSolutions initiative which provides modifications for people with physical disabilities.
We are proud of the work we do, and also proud to be named as one of the best places to work in Connecticut. Please take a moment to read our timeline of growth and accomplishments.
CIL is a member of the US Green Building Council
- 2013 The Connecticut Economic Resource Center and Central Region "Celebrate Connecticut" award for
The Lofts at Sherwood Falls in Berlin.
- 2013 Hartford Preservation Alliance Award for Historic Rehabilitation of 10 Liberty Street
- 2013 "Best Places to Work in Connecticut" finalist
- 2012 "Developer of the Year" award from the Town of Berlin Economic Development Commission
- 2012 CIL Hartford Preservation Alliance award for adaptive re-use of the Rudder building
- 2011 Community Development Award from the Christian Activities Council